May 2, 2012

The Break Up

It's been a year since my breakup with coffee.

We were inseparable since I was 14
hot coffee, iced coffee, espresso, lattes, coffee ice cream, chocolate covered coffee beans, etc 
I drank a cup or two everyday, it is how I survived high school and college
or so I thought...

Then coffee stopped doing the things it use to for me...
I became immune to it's caffeine
it made me sick to my stomach
it gave me a headache

I started to realize that coffee and I needed to breakup, the relationship wasn't a healthy one anymore.
I threw coffee in the trash, but it wasn't easy. I kept going back to coffee, because without it I didn't know how to function.
Eventually I stopped going back to coffee and realized how far along I had actually come. I had became a more independent and stronger woman

Of course I replaced coffee with a much more responsible and refined... Green Tea.

Green Tea then became the love of my life and I am no longer in a dependent relationship with caffeine. I am now in a healthy relationship with a drink that is actually healthier for me and makes me a better person.

From time to time, I'll reminisce and drink a cup of coffee, only to realize why I gave it up in the first place. Sometimes the things you love aren't right for you, sometimes you just have to get through a transition in life to make you the person you are today.

(Like my comparison?)

3 comments: