August 15, 2012

Weekend Getaway

This past weekend I was in North Carolina to visit my family and friends. It was a great weekend and just what I needed. Yes even Floridians need a break from Florida once in a while. 

I spend Friday with my Mom and sister doing girl things like getting our nails done, going out to lunch and shopping. Always fun right?

Friday night I spent with my best girls and had a great time. You know those friends you have and no matter how much time has past, you always pick up where you left off? Yeah it felt like high school again...sleeping over, eating junk food, talking about boys, etc. Except here we are about 7 years later...eating junk food, talking about different boys, and work. And we went to Rucker Johns...which was delicious as usual! (Thanks girls!)


On Saturday my family grilled out and had both sets of Grandparents over for dinner. I have missed my Grandparents :(

On Sunday, I went out to lunch and met her boyfriend. Yes meeting the sister might be more important than meeting the parents, because sisters have that bond and a great influence in each other's life...so watch out Trevor ;)


Time flew by way to fast, before I knew it I was on a plane back to Florida. And I always meet the weirdest and most interesting people on planes. Guillermo makes fun of me, because I always talk to people I sit by on the plane...but I don't always initiate a conversation. Do I just look approachable?

Next time I will be in NC will be for Lauren's wedding in Wilmington! I already had a preview of her wedding cake and it was delicious! I feel like I'll probably be stuffing my face at her wedding...

I have missed you all and North Carolina :)

And what would a trip to NC be without listening to a little Eric Church?


1 comment:

  1. Love it! Had the best time with my bests. Miss you already. xoxo

    ReplyDelete