August 16, 2012

Sick Day


Anyone who knows me knows that I get sick ALL the time. I have THE worst immune system ever...and I take vitamins, eat healthy, and exercise...so what gives?

Yesterday I woke up with a really sore throat and I wasn't just tired...I was exhausted. I stayed home from work and rested. But I did get some work done, even if I was working in my bed..hey it still got done! So yes... my body forced me to sleep basically all day and lay on the couch and watch reruns of Greek.

I absolutely hate medicine, I am more of a natural remedy kinda girl. Instead of stocking up on NyQuil and cough syrup, I drink hot tea...made with a fresh lemon wedge and honey and take a ton of Vitamin C.

But if I must take some type of medicine, I always take Theraflu tea for a cold or flu. The nighttime tea puts me right to sleep (just make sure you go right to bed after you drink it...lesson learned) and the daytime tea makes me feel more energetic and a lot better.
We all have our "sick food" but it never tastes as good as when Mom use to make it. :( 

My favorite sick food (depending on how sick I am)...

Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup
Vegetable Soup & Saltines
Mac & Cheese

I did request a little comfort food yesterday (thanks boyfriend!)...


2 comments:

  1. your sick food is the exact same as mine. mmmm mac n cheese:) And my mother in law is a health nut...she always says to take vitamin c and echinacea when you start feeling bad. Hope you feel better soon!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling better! xo

    ReplyDelete