October 11, 2012

Tea Me

I have a confession...

I drank a coffee last weekend and I haven't had coffee in like a year...let's just say it was a bad idea because it gave me one of those nauseous migraines. Another reason why reliving the past is a bad idea...read about my breakup with coffee here.

Moral of the story, if you let something go...don't go back to it. (This includes old habits, old relationships, and maybe certain fashion statements.) 

Anyways, while everyone is obsessing over pumpkin spiced lattes, I am obsessing over tea! No... not southern sweet tea but hot tea, occasionally sweetened with honey.

What are my favorites and what are the health benefits?

My absolute favorite tea that I drink everyday is green tea and Tazo Zen is my favorite.
Health Benefits:
A powerful antioxidant
Provides a natural energy boost and caffeine
Good for your waistline


I love a hot mug of Chamomile tea with a teaspoon of honey before I go to sleep, my favorite brand is  Celestial Seasonings. 



Health Benefits:
A natural sleep aid
Has antibacterial properties, which help fight colds
A natural stomach soother


I am a dessert person, no doubt. But drinking a cup of hot peppermint tea after dinner helps to curve my sweet tooth...seriously it works! My favorite brands are Twinings and Celestial Seasonings. 

Health Benefits:
Digestive aid
Relief from nausea and motion sickness
Fever and cough relief


In the mornings, sometimes I drink Yerba Mate instead of Green Tea. It doesn't have the best flavor but I sweeten it with a little bit of honey. 

Health Benefits:
Rich in antioxidants
Natural caffeine
Improves blood flow
Reduces fat accumulation
Increases mental energy


Dandelion Tea is a great natural detox for the liver and is used for weight loss. 
Health Benefits:
Gets rid of toxins
Flushes out the kidneys
Helps to shed excessive water weight
Helps to remove skin impurities
Good source of vitamins A C & D

My Mom use to give me Sleepytime tea when I was little and well that started my love for tea. These are the main teas I drink, but I love just about any flavor...and the health benefits are an extra bonus! And you can even embrace the holiday flavors...

So why wouldn't you drink tea?


No comments:

Post a Comment