October 10, 2012

Amor

Many of my friends have asked me what it's like dating someone from a different country...well I've always had a thing for any guy who wasn't American and my fantasy became my reality.

There is nothing wrong with a good ole Southern boy who drives a truck, opens my door, and calls me "darlin' but I've always liked guys who look different than me and have a cultural that I can experience and learn from.

It all started with this Latin hunk...

While the rest of you were crushing on Zack... I was checking out the biceps on Slater. heyyyy

Anyways, enough about the main reason I watched Saved by the Bell...and still do occasionally. 

Dating anyone isn't easy, but when you throw in some cultural differences...it gets interesting. Here are some things I've learned while dating my Peruvian:

You gotta relax and enjoy your life
Family is the most important thing
Learn a new language while you have the opportunity
 "Mi Princesa" is probably the cutest name to be called
It's important to experience other cultures
If your friend needs you, you drop what you're doing

As an American, I know we are selfish people and work is our life, but dating my Peruvian has taught me to slow down and enjoy life and to do what makes you happy. I may still be uptight and a super planner...but I've learned to relax and know that everyone does need some order in their life. 






1 comment: