July 16, 2012

Spontaneity

"Only in spontaneity can we be who we truly are."


This past weekend was very spontaneous and interesting...

I am usually such a planner and have to know exactly what I will be doing, but sometimes you just have to go with the flow and enjoy life...without planning it. Because sometimes the best things in life are the things you don't plan for, the things you never expect.


This past weekend Guillermo and I, along with 3 friends, went to a wedding that was 3 hours away...in the middle of nowhere! Here is what our trip looked like...
  • Running out of gas in the Everglades, in the middle of a panther crossing!
  • 5 Rednecks with a boat and 2 gallons of gas...saving us.
  • Midnight swimming
  • Random Marco Island visit
Running out of gas in the Everglades is no joke, because the only thing that is around is alligators and panthers! But yes, a couple rednecks saved the day...all within 5 mins of running out of gas (that is the power of 2 blondes in the middle of nowhere)

On the way home from the wedding, we got off on an exit to get some snacks and drinks...ironically it was the exit for Marco island. So right then and there we decided hey...let's go to the beach for a bit. And ironically we had beach gear ready to go. I had never been in the Gulf of Mexico before (way different then Eastern FL), but it was fun to be near 2 different oceans in the same day. 

That is one good thing about living in Florida, especially in Southern Florida...every exit has a beach! 

The weekend was just what I needed...nothing planned, just spontaneity. 

2 comments:

  1. Loved this! and I love spontaneity. I find that the older I get the more I like living in the moment. And I'm glad you didn't get eaten by a panther...but that is a pretty cool story!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha the power of the hair. :)

    ReplyDelete