July 23, 2012

Living for the Weekend

Don't you just love weekends? 

I never use to live for the weekend until I got a full-time job. In college I worked on the weekends and caught up on my homework, but of course we all know everyone goes out during the week for half off sushi, happy hour, movies, etc. 

Now I live for the weekends, by the time Friday rolls around I am exhausted and ready to trade my heels for pajama pants and catch up on my favorite shows and snuggle on the couch with my man. On Sunny Saturdays I usually grab a book and head to the beach or meet up with some friends at the beach, nap, then hang out with friends at night. And on Lazy Sunday, well I'm just plain lazy (except Sunday is laundry day so at least I am a little productive). 

This past weekend, Guillermo had some friends in town so we went out in downtown Fort Lauderdale to show them around. On Saturday, we all went to the beach of course and OF COURSE I got sunburned. I don't understand, lately every time I go to the beach I get sunburned (and no my sunscreen isn't expired Caitlin!). Maybe the reason is because the UV Rays are stronger here in the summer? 

Saturday night we went out dancing, Latin dancing that is. I practiced my Bachata, Salsa, and Merengue (gotta prepare for my Peru trip!) and I think my dancing skills are improving. I love Latin dancing, it is so fun but I want to learn how to dance really good. I keep telling Guillermo that we should take Salsa lessons to learn more complicated moves, but he thinks that since he is Latin that he already knows everything ;)

All around it was a good weekend, but now it's Monday and I gotta kick it into high gear because I have work to do and deadlines to meet. I love my job, but yes I am already planning the weekend ahead :)

1 comment: