April 25, 2012

Around the World in 80 Sips

This past weekend my friend, Erin, came to visit. We meet my Sophomore year of college and have been great friends ever since! Before her visit, I was trying to think of where I should take her. I usually take my visitors to my favorite places, but I wanted to try something new. 

I found a wine tasting in Miami and immediately bought tickets for a great price (thanks Groupon!). Bottlenotes hosted Around the World in 80 Sips. As we walked around and viewed the wine selection we sipped red wine, white wine, and champagne from all around the globe! We mainly had wine from Italy, Spain, France, Australia, and California. There wasn't a certain type of anyone there, but it was a good mix of young, old, middle age, artsy, hipster, and people like me. We were most likely the youngest ones there, but we stayed classy, had fun and learned about the wines we tried. I'm a red wine type of girl, but I do like Pinot Grigio, Moscoto, and Champagne. The wine wasn't the only thing tasty, they had artisanal  cheeses, sausage, pickles, and gelato. The dark chocolate gelato went perfect with a red :)

A couple of my favorites are:
Dirty Blonde Cocktail- Blood Orange Mimosa  (sold at Target)
Vigne Regali Rosa Regale Brachettod d'Acqui DOCO 2010
promisQous Red
Monogamy Cabernet Sauvignon
Middle Sister Sweet & Sassy Mocasto
Castello Banfi BelnerO Proprietor's Reserve



The Sponsors.


Love these bottles!


My favorites!


Did I mention we got to keep the wine glasses? 





The only thing I didn't like about the event was the lighting; because I could not take great pictures! Oh well, at least they are decent. I bet you're about to go to the store and buy some wine right now...well write down my favorites and see if the store has them! Enjoy! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment