June 24, 2012

People in South Florida

If you have ever been to South Florida, or to visit me, then you probably already know what people are like here. The people here are so.....rude!

In the South (the real South), people talk to you while you are pumping your gas. The only people that talk to me here while I'm pumping my gas are people asking me for money.

 When you are shopping in the South or getting a coffee at Starbucks, you usually have a conversation with the cashier...in South Florida it is more like "next"...seriously people need some manners here. And don't even get me started on the drivers....

When people actually DO talk to me, they always ask where I'm from hey it's not obvious I'm a Floridan? 


And when I say to someone "Hey, how are you?" they just stare at me in shock. I just wanna say "Didn't your momma ever teach ya some manners?"

Miami is way worse than Fort Lauderdale. Not sure if its the language barrier, a big city thing, or just the culture.

I may be exaggerating a bit, but that is how it seemed when I first moved to FL. Now, after 8 months of living here, I know where the locals go and actually have conversations with strangers. I am finally adapting to my new city...but I don't go many places alone.

And apparently I have a southern accent? I am so use to people telling me I sound like a valley girl and now people are telling me I definitely have a southern accent...shocking.





1 comment:

  1. You're my favorite valley girl southerner! haha maybe it's time you get your butt back to NC! xoxo

    ReplyDelete